If you are fed up of having the same old protein shake before and after your workouts, let us help you with these 5 delicious protein shake recipes.
To make all of these recipes ensure sure you invest in a premium protein shaker bottle that is BPA free that will stand the test of time.
These three easy to make shakes are great to drink before a workout to enhance muscle strength, keep cramp at bay and sustain your blood sugar levels during exercise.
1. Banana and Oat Protein Shake
The potassium in bananas helps to protect the heart and will help if you are especially prone to cramping during exercise. To make, combine the following ingredient and blend until smooth
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 bananas
- 2 scoops of your protein powered of choice (vanilla flavour would be good for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (clear or manuka works best)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Ice cubes
2. Peanut Butter Shake
This simple peanut butter based recipe can be made in your protein shake bottle which means there is no need to rush home to access your blender—simply take the following ingredients with you and make and drink on the go!
- 2 cups low-fat milk (or plant-based milk)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey, or agave syrup)
3. Pumpkin Pie Shake
For those of you who love pumpkin season, this tasty shake recipe not only tastes great it will give you the energy that you need to get through your workout. Once again, this recipe can be made in your shake bottle at the office before you head to the gym.
- 2 cups of low-fat milk (or almond milk if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop vanilla protein whey powder
- 2 tablespoons of good quality maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
These tasty recipes will help you regain your energy after a workout and will aid the muscle repair process so that you do not lose any muscle mass as a result of exercising.
4. Papaya and Ginger Shake
If you are prone to getting an upset stomach or have indigestion after working out this ginger based recipe will aid digestion and keep away nasty stomach bugs.
Simply add all of the ingredients into your blender and it will be ready in seconds
- 1-2 papaya
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 or two fresh mint leaves
5. Cranberry and Cinnamon Shake
This simple recipe is packed full of nutrients and can be made on the go in your protein shaker bottle. The cranberries are packed full of antioxidants that will help revive your body and aid in the repair of muscles and the cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce muscle inflammation after exercise.
- 2 cups of Almond milk
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce or cranberry puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon powder